At the Monday, May 12 meeting of the Langdon Area School Board general business was discussed.
Posted on 5/17/14
A demographic meeting was scheduled for June 16. This meeting will focus on school demographics along with budget items. The board stated that they will not need to raise taxes.
During the June 16 meeting, the school board will also hold their regular meeting along with a canvassing meeting that is required to be held after school board election.
In other business:
• The School Board updated their smoking policy to include e-cigarettes and hookah sticks as part of the items that can be used on school grounds.
• The School Board approved the resignation of Breanna Hurley as Elementary School special education teacher and the approval of Jacy Borgen to be the Elementary School Special Education teacher for the 2014-2015 school year.
• Plummer Constructions bid was approved for the removal of the north football bleachers and the pouring the cement. Another company was hired to replace the bleachers with aluminum bleachers.
• The Haslaskass were approved for the summer mowing bids.
• Graduation will be held at the Langdon Area High School Gym on May 25 at 2:30 p.m. There will be a awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 21 at 9:30 a.m.