Attorney Charles Damschen (Iowa City, IA), a 1998 graduate of Edmore High School, was among the honorees of the Corridor Business Journal’s 13th-annual Forty Under 40 Awards ceremony on October 12 at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Cedar Rapids. The award ceremony honors outstanding young leaders in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area. Mr. Damschen is a partner at Hamilton IP Law, an Intellectual Property Law firm with offices in Davenport and Iowa City, Iowa. The Corridor Business Journal serves Iowa’s Creative Corridor, an area generally around Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, Iowa that includes over 500,000 people.
“Mr. Damschen is a gifted patent attorney – utilizing his engineering acumen to understand diverse and emerging technologies while deploying his considerable legal skill to advocate and communicate for inventor’s in the courtroom as well as patent offices around the world – a rare and valuable combination in the ever-evolving world we live in today. We are grateful to have him and appreciate the acknowledgement by the Corridor Business Journal and the committee.” said Jay Hamilton, Managing Partner at Hamilton IP Law.
Charles (Charlie) Damschen:
• Joined Hamilton IP Law as an associate in 2008.
• B.S. in Chemistry and Bachelor’s of Chemical Engineering at the University of Minnesota (2003).
• Earned his J.D. from The University of Iowa College of Law in 2007, with high distinction.
• Member of the Scott County and Johnson County Bar Associations, the IIPLA, and the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
• Co-founder of eyesDx, a software company specializing in signal analysis.
• Adjunct Lecturer at The University of Iowa College of Law, teaching students from the Law, Business, Medicine, and Engineering schools in the Iowa Medical Innovation Group (“IMIG”), a practical course taking innovations from idea to market.
About Your Company: Hamilton IP Law is a dedicated Intellectual Property law firm with offices in Davenport and Iowa City, Iowa, and Austin, Texas, primarily serving Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois. With patent, trademark, copyright, and licensing clients throughout North America, Hamilton IP Law’s attorneys are dedicated exclusively to Intellectual Property matters. www.hamiltoniplaw.com