Center for Technology & Business (CTB) announces the launch of a new business planning education course beginning January 9, 2019. Kauffman FastTrac® is a great fit for CTB’s mission as it aims to lower the barriers to entrepreneurship by providing practical learning materials, delivered online and via teaching partners, to entrepreneurs interested in starting a business.
CTB will facilitate a 10-week blended course featuring both inperson and online instruction. During that time, FastTrac participants will learn how to evaluate their business concepts, position their businesses around target customers, refine their companies based on personal and professional goals and ultimately, launch their businesses. Participants will have access to planning tips and exercises, including lessons on how to:
• Discover how your business concept matches your personal vision.
• Align your business concept with a real market opportunity.
• Find your target market and discover your competitive advantage.
• Determine the unique features and benefits of your product/ service.
• Set realistic financial goals for your business.
• Define your company’s brand and marketing.
• Manage business functions and develop an organizational culture.
• Determine the steps to profitability.
• Identify potential sources of funding for your business.
• Launch your business.
“This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in starting a business, but one of our broader goals at CTB is to improve outreach to rural communities. By offering Kauffman FastTrac® as a blended course with classroom time and online education, we will remove some financial and travel barriers for aspiring entrepreneurs who may not be able to travel frequently,” Explained Tyler Demars, IDEA Center program director and primary course facilitator. “Kauffman FastTrac® will help us encourage and equip more North Dakotans to launch businesses, contributing to increased startup activity and ultimately, statewide economic growth.”